Monday, April 14, 2008

Sunny April Day


It was really sunny here today. The kids were happy to go outside. Isaiah was doing the pee dance as he ran out the door. "Isaiah, do you need to go potty?" "NO!" he replied. Then Micah snapped these pictures. A couple of seconds later Micah reported that Isaiah had peed in his pants...and pooped in them. I sent him straight to the tub cutting short his outdoor fun. I could not believe that he had pooped his pants just because he did not want to miss anything outside. As I was lecturing him in the bath (where there were little poopies floating around) God gently reminded me to have some grace by helping me to recount the time at Pullen Park when I was in the first grade and with my class on a field trip. I had waited a long time in line for the swing and when It was finally my turn I pooped my pants while swinging because I had to go and I did not want to get off. I knew I would have to wait in that long line again. I decided not to give Isaiah such a hard time for his decision!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Steph said...

That's hilarious!! (Have you seen the Saturday Night Live skit called, "Oops, I crapped my pants?" Funny one!
So, what's this book about?

Steph said...

That's hilarious!! (Have you seen the Saturday Night Live skit called, "Oops, I crapped my pants?" Funny one!
So, what's this book about?

Kimber Van Essen said...

Jamie -

Love the layout - how did you do that with the pictures???