Monday, August 17, 2009

Dossier Done!


Dossier: (Dos-ee-ey) n. The presentation of our family to the Chinese officials.

This is what we have been gathering for 8 months and today we mailed it to our agency! Here I am running out the door to the FedEx office. I have to admit that when we started this process I thought to myself "this will be a piece of cake! We are SO gonna get this done in record time." I had no idea that what all other parents of internationally adopted children know is that it is SO NOT a piece of cake. Anyway, needless to say this is a very happy day for us so we had to document it for Levi's adoption journey book. After visiting Cindy at FedEx and telling her all about Levi while sharing his picture and gushing all over the place I celebrated with some Reeses Cups. Now if all is well with the packet our agency will forward it to China on Friday. Then they will think about it for about 6 months...or something like that.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

J-D-K-G said...

I love your grin, Jamie! Congratulations!

mama2dibs said...

Awesome! Awesome! One step closer to reality. I love the name too. :)

StL Steeles said...

That's great that you guys are adopting. I had no idea.