Thursday, November 19, 2009

How Quickly We Forget

I spent the entire last week studying John chapter 6. In case you are not familiar with it there is a part where the disciples are in a boat and caught in a storm. Go ahead, break out your bible and read it.

On to the next part of the story: we got our LOA in the mail yesterday...
I wanted that LOA and I-800 back in the mail as fast as possible. Overnight! Between organizing all of the papers, making copies, and going to FedEx I was a mess. My dear husband asked "can't it wait until tomorrow?". "NO! " I was way too stressed over this. I realized AGAIN after acting like an idiot that God knows the exact moment when Levi will be placed in my arms and that I can't control that. I asked for peace and felt amazing comfort. Silly old me realized that I was at peace and was amazed by that. Then this morning I heard a voice saying "when you let me in the boat we immediately arrived at the shore".

How quickly I forget.

1 comment:

Beth said...

What a timely post for me to read. I, too, struggle with God's good and perfect timing. We are awaiting a COP referral for our daughter, who is somewhere in China wrapped in angels' wings.

Your son is beautiful. I am so excited to follow along on your journey. Maybe we'll have to meet up sometime since we live outside of Dyersville, IA.