Friday, March 26, 2010

The good, the bad, and the AWESOME!

I'm gonna be honest ya'll. I have been in a pit for the past week. I feel like Satan is eager to swallow me up! I am so sleep deprived and have had several of those really ugly crying moments. UGH! This is the biggest test my faith has ever seen I am certain. I wonder so many things and have fretted over all of the "what if's" as if I don't even remember what my purpose is.

The truth is that I have gotten off track. I needed to be reminded by the Lord that my purpose here on earth is to praise Him! Worrying about what parenting method or bonding method to use, wondering if I am going to be able to raise strong well adjusted kids, and thinking about all of the things that could go wrong are not going to bring the kingdom and allow me to praise my savior! I am behaving like I am a prisoner when I know that my heart has been set free! Woohoo! I love it when I hear the truth and it nourishes my soul.

So with that, I will give you some other updates in bullet form.

  • Levi is a joy to be around. He is so happy and seems to adapt easily. He always has a smile ready!
  • He is sleeping better but wakes up every morning at 4. He settles easier every time and sleeps until around 8. He is still in the pack n play in our room but I hope to remove him from the "love shack" this weekend. Sorry dude, daddy usually comes first.
  • He waves bye bye, plays peek a boo, blows kisses, and seems to be able to understand much of what we say even though he does not have any words yet.
  • Naomi has declared that I am not Levi's mom. (being dethroned is difficult)
  • Levi and Micah had wonderful bonding time last night and now he is starting to see that Daddy is more fun than Mommy.
  • When Levi is mad he sometimes clams up and stars off into space unwilling to make eye contact or move. He has been having some normal screaming fits which I hope increase because I think they are healthier than the other pouting style in which he withdrawals all together.
  • He has started to like baths.
  • He loves to play with anything related to the toy kitchen and pretends to cook and eat.
  • He loves to go outside to play and sliding is a big favorite. He is not sure about the swing.
  • The doctor discovered that he has an ear infection and built up fluid which could have been there his whole life. He also has an unexplained rash which I am hoping his not scabies.
  • He still has a hole in his mouth that we discovered which is allowing the food to escape from his nose and cause nose and chest congestion.
  • They took 11 vials of blood from him at the lab.
  • We love it when friends bring meals.
  • Our house is dirty.
  • Levi falls a lot. When we got home he would get hurt and not even cry or look around to see if anyone cared. He knows that I want to comfort him so now if he falls he looks forward to some hugs and kisses.
  • I don't know how people survive without Christian community.
  • Before we left for China we bought a lake house. You are all invited!
  • We all have a new appreciation for hugs and kisses.

No comments: