Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday

We went to church this morning and it was so cool.  We loved worshiping with the Chinese and other adoptive families who were there.  I have not been doing my daily study of the word and when I sat down this morning in church and the music started I realized that my soul was sort of parched! I was so glad to be taking time to worship our king and was reminded of a favorite scripture, Psalm 63: 1-5 which says:

"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.  I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory.  Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.  I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.  My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing my lips will praise you."

Oh how refreshing it was to worship today!  Micah did not get to enjoy worship with me as he was outside chasing Levi but I think they were having a good time of their own.  Levi has warmed up to dad in the last day or so and it is so fun to watch them bond.  Levi still prefers me to hold him but when I hand him off he does not protest and soon is ready to clown around with Micah.  I am so thankful for that.

After church and Levi's nap we went to the jade and pearl wholesale markets.  They were interesting for me and Micah followed Levi all over both places taking him on the escalators and elevators.  We were all worn out by the time we left there and next we were off to dinner with our entire travel group.  Seven families I think and we have such a great group.  We went to an Italian restaurant and is was soo good.  It was great to eat something other than Chinese food.  We all got a good chuckle at the pasta sauce coming out of Levi's nose while he just grinned and kept on shoveling food in!  He is such a happy boy!  We sat a chatted for a long time and then walked to Starbucks and back here to put little guy to bed.  I hope he sleeps better tonight than last night.  He was rolling around and waking up all night long.  

Tomorrow is the big medical check for Levi's visa.  His TB test reads positive so he will have to have a chest x-ray in addition to all of the vaccinations.  He will probably be good and worn out after that and we will be too.  Poor little guy.  I know that every family dislikes this part of the trip.

No comments: